Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > Midwest

Midwest WI, OH, IL, IN, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE,


Reply

Minnesota

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #134  
Old 01-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Central Iron Range, Minnesota
Posts: 18
Re: Minnesota

Let me know if Itasca County Gun Club needs any help with range construction, might be able to lend a hand. Hibbing has a 600 yard range and Virginia has a 500 yard range.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 01-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Harris MN
Posts: 86
Re: Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjogrinc View Post
Let me know if Itasca County Gun Club needs any help with range construction, might be able to lend a hand. Hibbing has a 600 yard range and Virginia has a 500 yard range.
Where is the range in virginia I am up that way several times a during the summer and is it open to the public?
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 01-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Central Iron Range, Minnesota
Posts: 18
Re: Minnesota

Both Hibbing and Virginia are membership clubs. I can always bring a guest in, that's not a problem, except if I'm working at the Hibbing Trap Club, which is located on the same complex as the Hibbing Rifle Club.

It's about a 1 1/2 miles off of HYW 53/169 about 9 miles north of Virginia.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 01-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjogrinc View Post
Both Hibbing and Virginia are membership clubs. I can always bring a guest in, that's not a problem, except if I'm working at the Hibbing Trap Club, which is located on the same complex as the Hibbing Rifle Club.

It's about a 1 1/2 miles off of HYW 53/169 about 9 miles north of Virginia.
I shoulda brought my gun with me last time i was up there to unload.....maybe next time....
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 01-16-2014, 07:48 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Iron Range, Minnesota
Posts: 782
Re: Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyjoe1128 View Post
I shoulda brought my gun with me last time i was up there to unload.....maybe next time....
Im about 18 miles from Virginia, we have a rifle range here too. Members only, but I can bring a guest....its not plowed out though....but if you come up here during the warmer months, I'll get you shooting
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 01-17-2014, 02:17 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Central Iron Range, Minnesota
Posts: 18
Re: Minnesota

I plowed ours out, but the county decided to plow a 6 ft high snow berm where the county road spur turns to go to the radio tower. They do this to turn the snowmobilers down the snowmobile trail and keep them off a 100 yard section of road that connects back up with the snowmobile trail.

Trying to get a couple of guys together to use polac picks to break up the bank so I can bust through it to drive to the range and plow it out again.

Our winter shooting consist mostly of coffee and BS in the club house with some shooting.

Our snowshoe shoot is in a couple of weeks and with my bad knee, walking the mile into the range is not a pleasant prospect.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 01-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjogrinc View Post
I plowed ours out, but the county decided to plow a 6 ft high snow berm where the county road spur turns to go to the radio tower. They do this to turn the snowmobilers down the snowmobile trail and keep them off a 100 yard section of road that connects back up with the snowmobile trail.

Trying to get a couple of guys together to use polac picks to break up the bank so I can bust through it to drive to the range and plow it out again.

Our winter shooting consist mostly of coffee and BS in the club house with some shooting.

Our snowshoe shoot is in a couple of weeks and with my bad knee, walking the mile into the range is not a pleasant prospect.
Get ya a bunch of tannerite and blow the snowbank loose! Some freinds of mine put a half pound in a snowman and shot it from 100 yards with fmj 308s, pretty cool video but i cant post a link from my phone
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: Minnesota
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New from Minnesota Rum River Member Introductions 12 06-02-2014 04:17 PM
New from Minnesota 330-Trapper Member Introductions 1 12-02-2010 09:51 AM
Hi from Minnesota cholla chomper Member Introductions 3 03-30-2010 10:15 PM
Minnesota rookie1 Member Introductions 3 01-28-2009 05:14 PM
Hello from Minnesota! tacful Member Introductions 6 01-07-2008 02:59 PM

Current Poll
Do you archery hunt for elk?
YES - 31.80%
69 Votes
NO - 51.61%
112 Votes
Not yet, but I plan to. - 16.59%
36 Votes
Total Votes: 217
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC