Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > Midwest

Midwest WI, OH, IL, IN, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE,

Looking for long range shooting partner in MN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Silver Member

Re: Looking for long range shooting partner in MN

Where is iron range at? Is that in the intl falls area? I'm always up for a good road trip. It wouldn't be a weekly thing but I could maybe make it up for a shooting session once in awhile. I too love long range and would like to find somebody who is enthusiastic as I am to keep me motivated.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its only light View Post
Where is iron range at? Is that in the intl falls area? I'm always up for a good road trip. It wouldn't be a weekly thing but I could maybe make it up for a shooting session once in awhile. I too love long range and would like to find somebody who is enthusiastic as I am to keep me motivated.
South of international Falls, I'm about 20 miles East of Virginia, Minnesota...range currently has pistol, archery, and rifle, rifle goes to 450, but there are plans for extending to 600. I just moved up here, and the range is within 5 miles of where I live. Always happy to go shooting with other people who love to stretch it out some
Old 09-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Silver Member

Cool! What time of the week do you usually shoot? I work weekend shift at a machine shop so I'm off mon-wed work Thursday then have Friday off then work sat and sun. Does it sound like our schedules could mesh together for a week day shoot?
Old 09-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Cool! What time of the week do you usually shoot? I work weekend shift at a machine shop so I'm off mon-wed work Thursday then have Friday off then work sat and sun. Does it sound like our schedules could mesh together for a week day shoot?
school teacher...so I work all week days....except summer.....I really like summer
Old 09-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Silver Member

Well send me an email: zrjanssen@me.com

I know it's a ways out but I will add you to my contacts and get ahold of you next summer then. With my schedule summer is very fun for me as well.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Well send me an email: zrjanssen@me.com

I know it's a ways out but I will add you to my contacts and get ahold of you next summer then. With my schedule summer is very fun for me as well.
dinsmore83@gmail.com

just added you to my contacts. Summer is a fun time, it's when I'll get to travel a little bit to hit F-class shoots around the state too
Old 09-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Silver Member

Now that's another thing I've always wanted to try. I have a savage model 12 ftr in 308 that impresses me every time I take it out. I would love to try a comp or 2. I just shoot for fun but have always wanted to try the competition scene. I wasn't really aware that there was much along the lines of f-class competitions in our state. You ever go out to SD prairie dog hunting? I grew up over there and that's where I get most of my long range practice but that's probably twice the drive than it is to your place.