Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > Midwest

Midwest WI, OH, IL, IN, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE,

Indiana Deer-hunting rules changes gain preliminary approval

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Indiana Deer-hunting rules changes gain preliminary approval

Yeah, the whole brass length thing is a bit odd to me. Thats why I went with a specialty pistol.

Seems a bit odd I can shoot a 6.5x284 specialty pistol that shoots right out there (for Indiana) but grandpa's 30-30? oh no. hmmm

The custom jobs for the legal rounds in rifles look like fun but being old and poor, the cost of custom dies etc on top of that didnt look like my cup of tea plus I pretty much expect the regs to keep changing on the rifle side so......eh, I went with a MOA Maximum in 6.5x284.

Basically just a suped up 260 rem. This is my first year hunting with it. Dont have the funds for a GOOD scope but the 4-12x50 I already had will work if it dont blow up on me. hehe

Corn down will be a GOOD thing for me and this pistol. More area I can see deer in. lol

God Bless

Last edited by Wildyote; 09-09-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Gold Member

Re: Indiana Deer-hunting rules changes gain preliminary approval

Yep. So far, with how the regs are written, without going with a really custom wildcat the rifles are good for about 200 Yds. (454 Casull is the best factory round that is now allowed I believe.) The change will allow the .460 S&W to be used in a long gun.