I wanted to just take a moment and list the results of some testing I performed with the Silencing Kit Materials as shown in the pictures I added a day or two ago.
I was out back this afternoon doing the testing I spoke about.
It all worked flawlessly.
I shot about 15 arrows at only 30 yards. I was shooting a 1" florescent orange dot on my Morell Outdoor Range Bag Target. All fifteen shots fired with no problem of any type and other than some sound produced by the plastic fold open table the crossbow was sitting on, their was almost no sound produced.
There was also no hesitations or misfires of any type. I feel confident that as long as the materials are applied to the entire length of the hammer and over the top and down the back side of the hammer, a uniform thickness is being applied to all surfaces that come in contact with any parts on the cable sled, so there should be no problems, if owners would just follow these directions we've created, they should not experience any issues. I'm only speaking for the Timney Triggers, because I can't speak for others that I can't see or test.
I have some additional shooting to do, since I'm doing some comparison testing between my precision matched custom PSE TAC15
Arrows in 4 Fletch configurations versus a custom matched and tuned set of Aerobolt II's in a three vane configuration using the latest Aerovanes. These tests will be performed at 90 meters providing I can get a very calm day with no wind.
This will also allow me to continue shooting more shots through the Trigger Silencing Materials, so I'll add to this thread once I finish my other testing, but for now my official position on the effective fix for the Silencing Kit is exactly as shown in the pictures supplied in this thread.