Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Fishing

OIALA Fishing Trip is only 16 Days Away

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Gold Member

Yup, it's that time of the year again when I abandon Joel & Neil here at the store and go off to Kodiak for the Once In A Lifetime Annual Fishing Trip.
Cannot wait to see my Alaska family and just relax, and of course catch a few....

Enjoy a cigar while taking in the scenery and of course eating the worlds greatest Pie
While I am gone please feel free to e-mail Joel at cameraland@aol.com or Neil at cameralandneil@aol.com and see how they're doing. I'll be out of the store from July 8th and returning on the 18th.
BTW, when I return Chris (he's pictured above with that tiny Halibut) & I will be opening an Offshore Fisherman Supply Tackle Shop, Pelagic Outfitters and hopefully the Pelagic Outfitters Web Site will be up and running when we return.
Have no concerns, I'm still going to be here @ Camera Land and Chris will be manning Pelagic Outfitters. I will be there on my days off (of course the days I am not out fishing).
Posts with pictures will be up upon my return.
16 days and counting, can't wait.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Gold Member

Re: OIALA Fishing Trip is only 16 Days Away

Well it's my first day back and it is always a joy to see my desk after being away. WOW, does stuff pile up.

Here are a few images from the trip:

The nicest Black Rock Fish I can recall catching in the past few years

A lovely LingCod smiling away

Margaret with a nice Yellow Eye

My respectable Halibut, however, not the 150* + that Art told me I'd get this year

A playful Whale while we were out and about

Paul doing a bit of fly fishing in the Buskin River right before we flew out of Kodiak

BTW, We are deep into readying the Offshore Fisherman Supply Tackle Shop, Pelagic Outfitters . With some luck and very little sleep Pelagic Outfitters Web Site will be up and running the first week of August.
Have no concerns, I'm still going to be here @ Camera Land and Chris will be manning Pelagic Outfitters. I will be there on my days off (of course the days I am not out fishing).
Old 07-19-2012, 06:25 AM
Platinum Member

Re: OIALA Fishing Trip is only 16 Days Away

Awesome! Welcome back and thanks for sharing your adventures!

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.