Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Fishing

Long Range Tuna Trip!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Silver Member

Location: I live in the outdoors, but ihave to stay in the Houston area so I can afford to live outdoors!
Long Range Tuna Trip!

Most tuna fishing off the Texas gulf coast starts at 100 nautical miles offshore. Most of the fishing is also done at night. It's a bit spookie being so far offshore at night, knowing you are better than 4 hours from the nearest port. We were in our 25' SeaCraft with twin engines.

Anyway here is the wife with her first Yellowfin Tuna:

BTW-we had been fishing since noon the day before. So she was pretty pooped by this time!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Silver Member

Is that a Braid little speedy? I just bought one but haven't used it yet. I've always gotten them on a small purple bonita. I think they are one of the most overlooked tuna lures for the gulf.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Silver Member

Location: I live in the outdoors, but ihave to stay in the Houston area so I can afford to live outdoors!
No that is a Tsunami brand lure. I could buy them all the time 2 years ago, but they are hard to find now. They were cheap too...well built but cheap. The wife put two of three wahoo in the boat that she caught in one day with the exact lure in the above pic. I still pull it (that exact lure) when ever we are looking for tuna or wahoo. I have two more just like it, but I keep using that same little guy.