Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Hog Hunting

Hog Hunting Techniques For Hog Hunting

This will make some people smile!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Gold Member

Re: This will make some people smile!

Most of the northeast & midwest does not have resident hog populations worth mentioning. When a pig gets lose they are difficult to catch & often remain free, but there are (to my knowledge) no herds of hogs in the northeast or midwest that compare with what's happening in Texas and parts of many southern states. in those regions there can be 200 wild hogs on one farm, and those hogs can destroy anything growing there. Wish I lived in a hog problem area!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Silver Member

Re: This will make some people smile!

Unless your northeastern hogs have wings, they didn't emigrate up that way from more established populations in the south. Hogs found in New York, Massachusetts or Michigan either escaped from fenced preserves or farms, or were intentionally released.

We have feral hogs in Missouri. Their distribution is patchy. When feral hogs showed up in the northeat part of the state, it wasn't because they migrated north from the Ozarks but failed to colonize any counties in between. They were intentionally turned loose by someone.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty Bumpo
Unless your northeastern hogs have wings, they didn't emigrate up that way from more established populations in the south. Hogs found in New York, Massachusetts or Michigan either escaped from fenced preserves or farms, or were intentionally released.

We have feral hogs in Missouri. Their distribution is patchy. When feral hogs showed up in the northeat part of the state, it wasn't because they migrated north from the Ozarks but failed to colonize any counties in between. They were intentionally turned loose by someone.
Thank good ole pigs smell funny(psf) and Christiansens for that, where at in NEMO are you at?