Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Hog Hunting

Hog Hunting Techniques For Hog Hunting

What do you hunt with?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Bronze Member

Re: What do you hunt with?

yea i thought he got away too when i saw him run like that. if you play it frame by frame you can see blood on his back leg just as he comes out of the dust cloud before he runs behind the tee post. he took several hits in the ham and one in the gut quartering away. the gut shot was enough to stop him about a hundred yards away.

that was a 30 round mag, so there were a lot more shots fired than you would think from the sound. even if every shot had missed, it was pretty fun trying it. you can't aim at all with that much movement, but the hogs was only 35 yards away so it was certainly doable.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djones View Post
yea i thought he got away too when i saw him run like that. if you play it frame by frame you can see blood on his back leg just as he comes out of the dust cloud before he runs behind the tee post. he took several hits in the ham and one in the gut quartering away. the gut shot was enough to stop him about a hundred yards away.

that was a 30 round mag, so there were a lot more shots fired than you would think from the sound. even if every shot had missed, it was pretty fun trying it. you can't aim at all with that much movement, but the hogs was only 35 yards away so it was certainly doable.
Im more a fan of the one shot one kill approach to be honest haha
Old 05-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Bronze Member

I too am a proponent of the one shot, one kill philosophy… for game animals. One shot is usually all you get! For hogs, however, I have heard that sometimes multiple shot opportunities may exist.

That's purely academic of course, as I probably read it on the internet somewhere. Surely no one has the ability to rack up double digit kills at one time…

unless... ummm... unless you're the most interesting man in the world!

Old 05-30-2013, 01:43 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djones View Post
I too am a proponent of the one shot, one kill philosophy… for game animals. One shot is usually all you get! For hogs, however, I have heard that sometimes multiple shot opportunities may exist.

That's purely academic of course, as I probably read it on the internet somewhere. Surely no one has the ability to rack up double digit kills at one time…

unless... ummm... unless you're the most interesting man in the world!

haha thats some pretty impressive tallies. I shot 5 pigs a month back with 5 shots but I was pretty lucky I would say
Old 06-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Bronze Member

here are some kills that took "one shot" to the eyeball

Old 06-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Bronze Member

here are some big hogs. sometimes i get a little excited and the trigger finger isn't as steady as it should be. it wouldn't bother me at all if i had to empty a magazine to bring them down.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Silver Member

awesome! those are some big ass pigs.where are ya shooting all them? heard they have become a huge problem in parts of the US