Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Hog Hunting

Hog Hunting Techniques For Hog Hunting

Odd Phone Call Today?!?!?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Silver Member

Location: I live in the outdoors, but ihave to stay in the Houston area so I can afford to live outdoors!
Odd Phone Call Today?!?!?!?

While at work today my cell rings...It shows the call is from Minnesota???

The guy on the phone states he is from the History Channel and they are planning to do a show on "Animal Attacks". He said he heard that me my wife had something like that happen to her involving a hog. I told him that she had been attacked by a hog during a hunting trip and he ask if I thought she would interview for their show. I told him I thought she would. So he ask if we might come to San Antonio sometime during the week of of the 13th...I said sure!

How cool is that!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Silver Member

now thats cool the history channel is one of the few channels i'll watch besides fox news i really like the dogfight series let us know if they air your story
Old 02-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Gold Member

Cool!
I watch the History Channel more than any other.
I recently saw your post about the attack here. Was the attack recent or do we maybe have a long range hunter at the History Channel.
James
Old 02-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Silver Member

Very cool! Perhaps you could give us a "sneak peak" describtion of the attack. Sounds interesting. I imagine the hog lost in the end .

Old 02-06-2008, 07:54 AM
Silver Member

Location: I live in the outdoors, but ihave to stay in the Houston area so I can afford to live outdoors!
The Short Story....

10-14-2007

I had shot a nice 125lb class boar hog with a bow. The shot was quartering away and I hit him right where I wanted. I seen him go down and gave him about 15 minutes. When I was not paying attention he got up and left where I had seen him go down. So to give him a bit more time I went and got the wife from her stand to help on the tracking job.

She likes to carry handguns and she was carrying her 44Mag Super Blackhawk. I don't have near the hearing I used to from a hunting incident and she seen the hog ahead of me stand up while I was following the blood trail. She rasied her voice so I could hear her, well the hog heard her too...and charged her!

She was marking blood and not following close. I could see though the brush and seen the hog closeing on her. He knocked her down about the time I yelled at her to shoot him. She went down on her gun side, so she couldn't break leather. He rooted her around a bit and got on top of thigh. That was when she hit him in the nose.

As he fled she got up and one handed a shot at the angery boar.
We found out later that because she didn't have a good grip on her pistol is broke a bone in her hand.

The hog only went a short distance before it expired. The wifes shot was low and only caused a flesh wound on the off front leg. My arrow had passed though one lung and the liver, but it took alot longer than normal (1.5 hour) for the hit to be fatal.

Yeah...I thought this was the short story...LOL
Old 02-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for sharing. That's quite an experience, let us know when the show will air.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Silver Member

Update:

Got some more details; I talked with the producer yesterday. The show is “Monster Quest” on the History Channel.

He wants us to meet him in Columbus, Texas February 16th to do the interviews and do a re-enactment of the story. During the re-enactment they want the wife to even do the "jump up shootin" part!

More details to follow as the come!