Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Hog Hunting

Hog Hunting Techniques For Hog Hunting

hogs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Silver Member

Re: hogs

i called the processor and she opened up for me to drop them off at 10:45pm they will get cut up and wraped thats the easyest way i know of doing it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Silver Member

I'd like to rephrase my previous entry by saying that I don't skin the hogs at all. I cut the quarters off with skin. It's very easly done especially the front quarters, then all you have to do is remove the skin from them later. The rear quarters are a little tricky, but after a few tries it get easy too. First cut along the side to seperated the loose skin that connect the hind leg to the side(carefull not to poke the gut). Once you have done this just foll down close to where the bone socket is. This will be "key" once you find the socket cut through the middle of it's and it's all down hill from there. With a little help you can have all 4 quarters off in less than 5min. (really). Again once you have cut the loose skin on the sides to free the quarters, then just pull the legs out as far as you can..... I've taught my friends how to do this and they all love it. One day out hunting I went to pick up one of my friends from his blind. He was not @ the blind. He came out of the brush about 100yds down the sendero with gun sling stapped over his shoulders and pork quarters resting on his shoulders also.. Neat sight.. my 2bits...
Old 04-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for the tip on the knife. Yup, good lookin blade. I'll look him up on the web. What kind of steel/metal does he use? Do they come with an edge? What did you give for them?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Gold Member

I actually hauled the red one in the truck about 3/4 of a mile whole and the black on came by me on the way out so I hauled her about a 1/2 mile....wHILE ON THE OTHER BUGGY i HAD A SEVEN PNT MY dAD HAD KILLED hauled that about 3/4 mile and a doe my nephew killed about a 1/4 mile 2 buggies 2 hogs 2 deer one trip....man I was tired!

I promise the next one is either suitcase size or gets quatered on the spot and hauled out in a backpack!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Silver Member

You have been bless = with a workout [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] & food for the table. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Life is great especialy with memories like that!
Old 04-05-2007, 06:36 AM
Silver Member

that knife is 1095 high carbon spring tool steel he also uses 360 layer damascus which are what my other two are made of look him up on ebay stek knifes he has all his info on his about me page i paid 150 for that knife and up to 375 for one of the others
Old 04-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Silver Member

i've quartered up a couple of steers just like you described when i was younger