Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Hog Hunting

Hog Hunting Techniques For Hog Hunting

Free Hog Hunting or Free Lodging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Free Hog Hunting or Free Lodging

You might want to call and ask. I don't know if Glen has an opening or not.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:22 PM

Hog population still strong? We would like to come up
From midland if the opportunity remains! Looking to
hunt the weekend of feb 23
Old 02-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coy Franks View Post

That's right either FREE hog hunting or FREE lodging in West Texas around a 115 acre milo field with headed grain. $50.00 /day/person for either lodging or hunting.

Call 806-469-5212 and VERY politely ask Mary Jo if you can speak to Glenn about hog hunting.

You better act quick the milo will not last long!!! The hogs are eating it up!!!!!

they are hard on crops helicopter is the best way to fix them.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Bronze Member

I would love to go on one of these hog hunting adventures, but, the price of fuel to get there from Montana would be the only thing that would hole Me back, or, is holding Me back
Another thing would be to have to haul a deepfreeze to get the meat home without it spoiling, and, then packing along a generator plant to keep the freezer chilled down.
My Son has a small acreage here and raises pigs and I love that meat. Would the wild hogs meat taste about the same ???
BACON !!!! I loves Meee some BACON !!!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Silver Member

I like wild hog meat, the smaller/younger ones taste the best
Old 05-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarty51 View Post
I would love to go on one of these hog hunting adventures, but, the price of fuel to get there from Montana would be the only thing that would hole Me back, or, is holding Me back
Another thing would be to have to haul a deepfreeze to get the meat home without it spoiling, and, then packing along a generator plant to keep the freezer chilled down.
My Son has a small acreage here and raises pigs and I love that meat. Would the wild hogs meat taste about the same ???
BACON !!!! I loves Meee some BACON !!!

Marty,

An old bore can smell & taste strong but our wild hogs are all descendants of domestic stock so the taste differences would generally be limited to the change in diet. In Florida ranchers will often trap, castrate & release wild piglets so the adult bores will taste better.

With a big cooler & some dry ice, there would be no need to haul a freezer & generator. That said, if I had a freezer on my truck & was headed out hog hunting, I would be looking to take SEVERAL of these critters!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buano View Post
Marty,

An old bore can smell & taste strong but our wild hogs are all descendants of domestic stock so the taste differences would generally be limited to the change in diet. In Florida ranchers will often trap, castrate & release wild piglets so the adult bores will taste better.

With a big cooler & some dry ice, there would be no need to haul a freezer & generator. That said, if I had a freezer on my truck & was headed out hog hunting, I would be looking to take SEVERAL of these critters!
six or eight`d be goooiod.
Now for enough fuel to get there.