Hog Hunting Techniques For Hog Hunting

Free Hog Hunting or Free Lodging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 03:31 AM
Gold Member

Re: Free Hog Hunting or Free Lodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coy Franks View Post
I was somewhat disappointed that no one called to hunt. Since I posted this thread the locals and a few guys from Amarillo and Lubbock came and killed over 200 pigs in two months. All of this was done just driving around about 250 acres of land. Last week we got the state to bring in their helicopter to help us. A mile and a half SE of the milo field the copter got 53 in one group. A mile and a half SW they bagged 31 in one group. A little more than a half mile East they got 135 in one group. I shot over 24 in four days just out of my pickup right before the helicopter came. Someone dropped the ball on this one!!!
From my outsider perspective you sounded a little on the aggressive side so that may have put some people off. $50 a day to help you save some of your crop . Did you charge the locals and the helicopter shooters $50 a day ?
If you had said as a favour to LRH members I will only charge you $50 a week to shoot as many pigs as you want and you can camp for free it may have been different.
It costs a hog shooter a lot of money just to get to your front gate .
Not having a go at you just puttin forward the other guys situation .
However I have no doubt that some richer shooters that don't have to travel far will pay that .
Old 09-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Silver Member

If the offers still there is be their several times a year. Ive been going to Florida to kill these things. Please let me know next time.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Silver Member

Sorry should have read the whole thread
Old 09-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet bumper View Post
From my outsider perspective you sounded a little on the aggressive side so that may have put some people off. $50 a day to help you save some of your crop . Did you charge the locals and the helicopter shooters $50 a day ?
If you had said as a favour to LRH members I will only charge you $50 a week to shoot as many pigs as you want and you can camp for free it may have been different.
It costs a hog shooter a lot of money just to get to your front gate .
Not having a go at you just puttin forward the other guys situation .
However I have no doubt that some richer shooters that don't have to travel far will pay that .
Please read my first post CAREFULLY!!! Note that the deal was for a neighbor of mine, not me. I don't have the facilities nor the time to entertain hunters! Glenn does....

An old saying comes to mind....Ass or gas nobody rides free!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:07 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coy Franks View Post
Please read my first post CAREFULLY!!! Note that the deal was for a neighbour of mine, not me. I don't have the facilities nor the time to entertain hunters! Glenn does....

An old saying comes to mind....Ass or gas nobody rides free!!!
I don't wish to upset or argue with you. However nothing about it being your neighbour in your first post just names ???
You were disappointed why no one responded and asked why ? I responded to that post . I can see why.
Maybe you should leave things to Glenn

Reminds me of an old saying , Too many cooks spoil the broth.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:36 PM

I tried calling this number today, and it said the number was disconnected. Is the offer still valid? If so, is there another number I can reach them at? Thank you for your help!

Tyler
Old 09-25-2012, 06:12 PM

Have seen other adds for free hog hunts but I thought that it was a joke. I have seen vid. on hog problems in southern states. I would love to help you out next time you are invated by hogs, have rv and can travel if given lead time. Wife still works. e-mail richmel1113@hotmail.com. Live Oregon