Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Hog Hunting

Hog Hunting Techniques For Hog Hunting

Free Hog Hunting or Free Lodging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Bronze Member

Eating feral pigs...

I just got done with dinner of pulled pork from this forum. Thank you Coy! We had a great hunt and will have a big pig roast from the two we brought back to NM. They will feed more than 50+ people. If you all want to hunt feral hogs contact Mary Jo at the number that has been listed. Be very courteous and respectful to this lady. There are lots of hogs off the caprock. Enjoy! MTG
Old 02-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Gold Member

Re: Free Hog Hunting or Free Lodging

I don't know how I missed it earlier, other than I have 2 freezers that are both FULL & my wife says no more freezers.

What does an out-of-state license cost? Is this likely to be just rifle hunting or would a bow be practical?

My biggest cost would be travel from NC & back which makes this hunt fairly expensive for a day or two shooting pigs.

It does sound like FUN! Is there a "best" time of year now that the milo field is gone?

How young can hunters be in Texas? I have a 12 year old daughter that would get a kick out of the action if I could get her there. She's hunted deer (successfully) since she was 9.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:20 PM

hi my name is davin and i am looking for land to hog hunt on and sounds like you need to get rid of some

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coy Franks View Post
I was somewhat disappointed that no one called to hunt. Since I posted this thread the locals and a few guys from Amarillo and Lubbock came and killed over 200 pigs in two months. All of this was done just driving around about 250 acres of land. Last week we got the state to bring in their helicopter to help us. A mile and a half SE of the milo field the copter got 53 in one group. A mile and a half SW they bagged 31 in one group. A little more than a half mile East they got 135 in one group. I shot over 24 in four days just out of my pickup right before the helicopter came. Someone dropped the ball on this one!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin Smith View Post
hi my name is davin and i am looking for land to hog hunt on and sounds like you need to get rid of some

Davin,

I responded to this post a year ago & still haven't gotten a reply. I presume it's a dead thread.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Bronze Member

You guys might try the phone number in the first post for answers to your questions.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:12 AM

Just now saw the post. I hate that I missed that opportunity. What is the nearest town where the field is. I travel to that area in TX occasionally. I would love to help out if they need it again next year.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Silver Member

Hoped this was back.