Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Hog Hunting

Hog Hunting Techniques For Hog Hunting

In the Ear? Really???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 12:41 PM
Silver Member

Re: In the Ear? Really???

Nice work, it looks like you had a real infestation there. I am just curious, do you feel like you are making real progress on the problem, or are they so numerous that it is just a small dent ?
Old 03-04-2014, 12:24 PM
Bronze Member

there aren't many hogs at any of the places i hunt regularly anymore. not like there used to be. every once in a while i come across a small herd somewhere that i haven't checked in a while. they don't tolerate much gunfire before seeking an existence elsewhere.

i've started hunting coyotes to take up the slack. i've shot plenty in my time, but calling them in the day with a digital caller and motion decoy is new for me. i made the rookie mistake of hiding too far back from the edge of the cliff and couldn't actually see the caller below me. i never thought a coyote could slip in on the side of the bluff, but that's what he did. i caught a glimpse of him at 15 yards and he took off. i finally nailed him about a billion yards away.

i did manage to bump into an lrh celebrity and hog hunter extraordinaire. thought i'd show him the magic of night vision, but the hogs wouldn't wait. coming out in the day proved to be a fatal mistake. he dropped the hog in its tracks with a surgically placed shot just over a billion yards, just beating my coyote shot.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:49 AM
Bronze Member

djones, whadaya want for that rangefinder?????
Old 03-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Bronze Member

rangefinders that work out to a billion yards are hard to come by. i really need to hang on to this one, especially if i'm going to try to beat that last shot. next time we'll see how well you shoot when the truck is still moving!
Old 06-01-2014, 08:32 PM

Djones, Facebook-no friends? You shoulda handed out porkchops---lottsa friends LOL
Old 06-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Bronze Member

porkchop hill

Last edited by djones; 06-02-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Gold Member

Looks like you could keep a supermarket supplied with pork. Wow, very impressive!!
What bullet do u use in your 308. ??