Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Hog Hunting

Hog Hunting Techniques For Hog Hunting

DFW hog hunting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Gold Member

DFW hog hunting?

I"ll be in Plano, TX at the end of March, and I've been iching to do some hog hunting. I was wondering if anyone could point me toward a good place around there to give it a try. I've got all the gear, just need a place to try it out. I've got alot of experience hunting, and am extremely respectful to any/all private landowners (I own a pest control company, and have done some predator control as well). It sounds like theirs an over abundance of hogs down there, I thought maybe someone knows of a farmer/rancher that might be looking for some help. Any ideas?
Thanx
Cody
Old 02-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Silver Member

Re: DFW hog hunting?

Search Dallas Craigslist. Hog hunts are usually starting from $50 a day. Don't expect to find free hunts unless you have friends that have deer leases and can take you there for hog hunts.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Platinum Member

Do a search on here for "41mag" used to be mikeintexas.

He's from more south of DFW but may know something. . .

I did the catahoula hog dog thing in that neck of the woods. LR rifle is much more comfortable that up close and personal with a texas toothpick. Really.....
Old 02-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Gold Member

Thanx guys, will try both in the a.m. Roy- we're gonna have to get togather for a "big coyote" hunt one of these days. I think we have the same idea of how to propperly hunt em. I'm building a new pooch stick right now that I can't wait to try. I'll post a couple pics once it's done.
Thanx again guys
Cody
Old 02-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Silver Member

You can contact me once you know the dates when you will be here. If I am going during that time I might be able to take you for a hunt. No promises as my work schedule usually calls for a lot of travel.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami View Post
You can contact me once you know the dates when you will be here. If I am going during that time I might be able to take you for a hunt. No promises as my work schedule usually calls for a lot of travel.
Thanx! The scheduling sounds like it might be the trick. I'll be in town for my sister-in-laws wedding, and I'm not too sure exactly when I'm going to be free either. My wife promised me at least one day to myself, but my mother-in-law might see things differently. I'll let you know as soon as I have day that's solid. Thanx again, I hope we can make it happen. Going with some one who knows the ropes would make it even better.
I'll keep ya posted.
Cody
Old 02-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by threejones View Post
Thanx! The scheduling sounds like it might be the trick. I'll be in town for my sister-in-laws wedding, and I'm not too sure exactly when I'm going to be free either. My wife promised me at least one day to myself, but my mother-in-law might see things differently. I'll let you know as soon as I have day that's solid. Thanx again, I hope we can make it happen. Going with some one who knows the ropes would make it even better.
I'll keep ya posted.
Cody
It's looking less likely by the second. My wife just told me that my mom-in-law just told her Aunt that I could drive from Plano to Houston to pick her Grandma up if she was too busy... AKA My hog hunt is most likely Fu...