Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Hog Hunting

Hog Hunting Techniques For Hog Hunting

Another great hunt with PBGSO!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Gold Member

Re: Another great hunt with PBGSO!

Glad you guys enjoyed the read. It was a fun hunt and spent some quality time with my dad so if I shot pigs or not isn't so important. However, I'm still really looking forward to eating that axis deer!! Bacon wrapped tenderloin on the grill, medium rare... Mmmm.

I haven't been to all too many outfitters as I haven't been hunting for all that long, but this is the one I've most enjoyed hunting with. That's why I'm going back for a thrid hunt this year in June.

Also,
I want to publicly thank Ed Shell once again, for all the help, advice, and lending me that SWEET scope!! Could not have placed those 4 shots all precisely 10moa over the boiler room shot after shot without it

Mikecr, didn't forget you either! He sent me a box full of reloding gear from Sinclair. One of the most generous guys I've ever met, Internet or face to face. Thanks a ton, could not have made ammunition that shoots like it does without the neck turner and ball mic! The book was also extremely helpful. Thanks man.

And ofcourse, all the great members of this forum who have inspired me with tales of great hunts and amazing shots. And all the load data, tips, and general info I have gotten from you guys. You who have helped me out, you know who you are, and thank you.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Platinum Member

As I look at the pics again, I realize you need a set of big-eyes to properly survey from that position.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebark View Post
As I look at the pics again, I realize you need a set of big-eyes to properly survey from that position.
"Just as I'm basking in the glow what the gear I have, you remind me of the gear I don't have...."

where have I heard this conversation before?

well when I go back next time, a set of big eyes and it's owner would be very welcome to come along.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliveralan View Post
"Just as I'm basking in the glow what the gear I have, you remind me of the gear I don't have...."

where have I heard this conversation before?

well when I go back next time, a set of big eyes and it's owner would be very welcome to come along.
If the new rig is ready....I'm giving this serious consideration.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Gold Member

Sounds good! It is a very, very fun hunt. Hopefully your gun is done. I got a new rig as of today... Thanks to the HUGE generousity of John Atkinson, posts here as Johnboy, he passed on his Dave Tooley built 300 ackley mag this morning. 210 Berger at 3100-3200fps. That'll do it!!