04-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NYC, NY
Vortex Razor Gen II 1-6x24
Vortex Razor Gen II 1-6x24 Riflescope
Every component, feature and performance characteristic of this riflescope is so well thought out and executed, it’s almost scary. Incredibly versatile and perfect for the AR platform, the Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24 is the ideal optical solution for short to medium-range tactical applications requiring the pinnacle of optical performance.
Optically, the Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24 delivers the highest level of clarity, resolution, color accuracy, light transmission and edge to edge sharpness obtainable. The ultra-forgiving eye box with generous eye relief generates a heads-up display-like sight picture for fast target acquisition and optimal dual-eye visual monitoring of the surrounding environment. Ultra sleek and built like a tank on a 30 mm aircraft-grade aluminum tube, the Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24 features an ultra-low profile, capped windage and elevation turrets for streamlined performance. Zero-resettable turrets offer 50 MOA of adjustment in a single turn—ensuring ample travel.
The JM-1 BDC Reticle
Simple, intuitive and fast, the JM-1 BDC reticle is exclusive to Vortex. Designed using input from world-renowned competitive shooter, instructor and gunsmith, Jerry Miculek, the JM-1 reticle facilitates rapid, accurate shooting at distances from 20 to 600 yards. A true daylight-bright illuminated center dot gives shooters red dot sight functionality and ultimate close-quarters versatility. Illumination is accessed and activated via the locking illumination dial positioned cleanly on the left side of the turret housing. Features 11 intensity levels with an off-position between each setting.
- Second Focal Plane - Reticle remains a constant size throughout magnification range.
- APO Objective Lens System - Corrects color across the entire visual color spectrum—virtually eliminating chromatic aberration across the entire field of view.
- Optically Indexed Lenses - Delivers optimum image sharpness and brightness with true reticle use for full ranging and holdover from edge to edge because of computer-controlled alignment during construction.
- HD Lens Elements - Premium (High Density) extra-low dispersion glass delivers the ultimate in resolution and color fidelity, resulting in High Definition images.
- XR Lens Coatings - Vortex proprietary XR fully multi-coated lens coatings increase light transmission for maximum brightness.
INTERNAL MECHANISM DESIGN FEATURES
- 30 mm Tube - Provides greater strength and wider adjustment lattitude as compared to a 1-inch tube.
- One-Piece Tube - Maximizes alignment for improved accuracy and optimum visual performance as well as strength and waterproofness.
- Capped Turrets - Less susceptible to accidental impact damage.
- Aircraft-Grade Aluminum - Construction from a solid block of 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum delivers increased strength and rigidity.
- Waterproof - O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the tube for reliable performance in all environments.
- Fogproof - Filled with argon gas to inhibit internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Shockproof - Lenses are locked in place, fore and aft, with machined locking rings to remain in perfect alignment and withstand recoil and impact.
- Hard Anodized Finish - Type-3 hard-coat anodization is durable; the low-glare matte surface of Stealth Shadow Black helps camouflage the shooter’s position.
- Friction Reduction System - Provides superior durability, repeatability and accuracy for the life of the product. Prevents galling or deformation of the erector screw contact point because the heat-treated, hardened-steel pad floats on the end of the turret screw and interfaces with a hardened steel ring on the erector tube for steel-on-steel contact. US Patent 7,958,665
- Turret Screws - Provides low-friction, wear-resistant performance: precision-machined from a silicon-brass alloy and treated with an advanced dry-film lubricant. Turret screw threads are ultra-precision machined to sub-2 micron tolerances (less than 78-millionths of an inch). Ultra-smooth operation and adjustments.
- Erector Tube System - Precision-machined from premium brass alloy with anti-galling properties for great strength and durability. The erector spring of chromium vanadium withstands compression, has high fatigue resistance, and is tumble-polished to a mirror finish for micro-precise elevation and windage adjustments.
- Single Spring Construction - Fully constrains (without over-constraining) the optical system for predictable, improved accuracy throughout the range of elevation adjustment.
- Illuminated Center Dot - Professional-grade illumination designed to accommodate conditions ranging from bright daylight through dim, low light.
- Illumination Control - Can be turned on or off with a single click between each of the 11 intensity levels—allowing access to a preferred illumination setting without having to progress through each intensity level. Lockable at preferred setting.
- Fast Focus Eyepiece - Allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Large Diameter Turrets - Provide sure gripping for easy elevation and windage adjustments.
- ARD - Designed to reduce lens reflections. Threads into objective lens. (not included)
- Flip Cap Covers - Protect ocular and objective lenses. (not included)
Eye Relief: 4.0 inches
Field of View: 115.2-20.5 feet/100 yards
Tube Size: 30 mm
Turret Style: Capped
Adjustment Graduation: 1/2 MOA
Travel per Rotation: 50 MOA
Max Elevation Adjustment: 110 MOA
Max Windage Adjustment: 110 MOA
Parallax Setting: 100
Length: 10 inches
Weight: 18.4 ounces
Available Reticles: JM-1 BDC Reticle (MOA)
* MicroClean Cleaning Cloth
* OpticClean Cleaning Fluid
* MicroClean Deluxe Lens Pen
* Optics Cleaning Cloth ($4.99) -- Add to Order
- 1-6 x
- Objective Lens Diameter: