Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Sponsors Marketplace

Sponsors Marketplace Check Back Often For Special Offers From These Supporters Of Our Forum Site

Eberlestock Packs - Welcome New Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Silver Member

Re: Eberlestock Packs - Welcome New Sponsor

My hunting buddy and I logged over 100 miles with our Gunslingers this fall and have absolutely no complaints. Since most of our hunts are long walk ins, the ability to carry our big guns in the pack makes it sooo much easier.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Silver Member

Len I currently have a gunslinger and I adore it, At that time they did not have the dragonfly out. I personally would go for the dragonfly as it has the capacity to expand to carry a lot more stuff. I use the gunslinger for just about everything but I need a bigger pack for longer pack in trips.

I would like to pick up a skycrane or a dragonfly in the near future. I jump shoot ducks in the week and try and varmint hunt on the weekends. I have put some serious mileage in the last 8 months on the gunslinger. My wife doesn't mid me cougar hunting on the weekends as long as we hike at least 10 miles for our cardio and the pack makes it possible.

I would like to not have to switch over mid week and gut the pack and fill it with my waterfowl stuff. I am always coyote hunting with my duck calls and vice versa. It would be nice to just to have two packs. I have oogled a skycrane and Its monstrous, a couple buddies of mine want to Hike the AK peninsula from Chignik lake to port Moler and we would be getting skycranes to facilitate a trip that long.

The packs are a little on the heavy side but I really don't mind it. It beats the heck out of the noisy crap My old REI pack was made out of and its great to pack the rifle in the scabbard.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Bronze Member

Welcome Glen!
I just rec'd a 'like new' J104 and am impressed with the quality!
If the weather ever cooperates, and gives me some nice days when I'm off, we'll give'er a try.

Later....
LeRoy