Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Sponsors Marketplace

Sponsors Marketplace Check Back Often For Special Offers From These Supporters Of Our Forum Site

Eberlestock Packs - Welcome New Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 01:38 PM
PUBLISHER

Eberlestock Packs - Welcome New Sponsor

I am so glad to have Glen Eberle join us. Greg's background in biathlon competitions and in hunting and backpacking gave him the background to design and build his outstanding line of packs.

Late last fall I bought a Gunslinger model and could not be more pleased. For years I had looked for a way to carry a heavy, 14 pound rifle and a day pack. The Gunslinger is a large day pack with its own scabbard that carries the rifle close to your back in a well balanced manner. There are larger models with the same scabbard feature. Check them out at:

Eberlestock Packs - Go In Light, Come Out Heavy

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 01-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Gold Member

Re: Eberlestock Packs - Welcome New Sponsor

I bought the J107 last summer for a WY Mulie hunt. The .257 Wby w/bipod fit just fine. It is the first "backpack" that I've bought (other than a daypack) and it fits the bill just great. What's suprising to me is that when I pick up the backpack to put it on, it's heavy. After a few steps, it feels like it lost about 1/2 of it's weight.

A hunting buddy bought a different backpack that also carries his gun, although on the outside of the pack strapped in. After seeing the J107, and fighting with his all week, he bought one.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Silver Member

Can't say enough about Glen and his packs. I have a J104 that just finished it's 4th season and is still in fantastic shape. And I've put some miles on that thing. Best pack I've ever owned, hands down. When I first got mine, my buddies said it was too big, this and that. After they saw how I can carry any and everything I need, and do it comfortably, well most of them have one now too . Another item i really like is the rain cover. This is a cover that slips over the pack and not only keeps the pack dry, but the rifle in the scabbard as well. Most packs are water resistant to a point, but this will keep it bone dry in a DOWNPOUR. My old man used to make fun of it until we were on a elk hunt in AZ and the sky just opened up on us out of nowhere. it was dumping on us. I smiled and pulled out the rain cover and all my gear was bone dry. We went back to camp and he was literally pouring water out of his pack and had to lay all his crap out to dry . He wants one too now.
Thanks for the great packs, and sponsoring this site Glen.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Silver Member

I also have a J107 and while it's heavy to start with I have to agree with esshup that once on my back the weight is gone. Well almost. I picked it up after my hunt out west and used it here for deer hunting and was very pleased with it. I use the 'fanny' pack alot too.
Thanks for making a great product.

Mike
Old 01-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Gold Member

I use the Mcmillan Tactical M3 operator and we have never seen a better pack in our lives ! Tough, tough.. tough. It's just one tough MF of a pack ! Thanks Glen

DUH
Old 01-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Silver Member

Awesome Packs

I use mine several times a week, Takes the sting out of carrying some of the larger/heavier pieces in the trade of long ranging.

I am saving pennies for another so that each of my shooting disciplines has a pack dedicated for it.

Definitely glad to see them as a sponsor.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:03 PM
PUBLISHER

comfisherman, which model will you be buying?

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors