Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Trade, Freebie and Loan

Long Range Rifle Knowledge Needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Silver Member

Re: Long Range Rifle Knowledge Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiPe View Post
Thanks for the info. I ended up buying a m91/30 and I'm customizing it. The ammo is dirt cheap too.
You really were looking for an "affordable" rifle! The Mosin-Nagant is a great rifle and dirt cheap - easy on the wallet up front with the rifle cost and even lighter to shoot thoursands of rounds down the road. I had one for a bit, made it look real nice once I got the cosmolene out of it and refinished the stock... But I decided to get rid of it. I enjoyed every shot out of it - especially shooting into some rocks at night try that out and enjoy the flame out the end and the sparks on the rocks!

As for competitions go - good luck! It'd be the first Mosin that I've ever seen on the firing line!
Old 08-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Silver Member

Re: Long Range Rifle Knowledge Needed

I'll agree with broz. The Remington senderos in 300 win mag is a sweet rig. I've had one for over ten years and it has never let me down. Mine doesn't have a brake though