Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Trade, Freebie and Loan

The thread is closed

lnr/frb or trade 6.5-284 fired norma brass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 11:20 AM
Bronze Member

lnr/frb or trade 6.5-284 fired norma brass

Help, I need a loaner, possibly a freebie, one peice of 6.5-284 norma brass, once fired, to set the head space on my new build. I am trying to keep the rizing cost of this wallet monster to a minimum. I have new norma brass & read both that the (Norma/ Winchester) case specs are the same and I've read they are different, in thousanths. I will also trade/swap a 20 ct. box of the above brass for 3006 once fired brass, 20 ct. box (not prepped), that I have several of, if there is an interest. The loaner, I will send back with sender postage paid. Let me know what you have. Thanks for veiwing.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:25 AM
Platinum Member

Re: lnr/frb or trade 6.5-284 fired norma brass

DON'T use a piece of brass to set the headspacing on your rifle. Spend the money on a set of "Go" and "No-Go" gauges so you can guarantee it's correct.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:03 PM
Bronze Member

I gotta say, sound advise is always well received, md2005. I have been checking on the cost of the Go & No-Go guages. I also have read a whole lotta chat from this site and others through the past year. It is all good info. to consider, but is overlapping as well. Do you think setting the headspace with a 1 fired case is being reckless?
terratracker
Old 02-09-2014, 12:43 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terratracker View Post
I gotta say, sound advise is always well received, md2005. I have been checking on the cost of the Go & No-Go guages. I also have read a whole lotta chat from this site and others through the past year. It is all good info. to consider, but is overlapping as well. Do you think setting the headspace with a 1 fired case is being reckless?
terratracker
If you are going to use brass as a headspace gauge,,you want to use a sized one,,all chambers are a little different,,I've done this with my savages,,then mark the case you use and save it,,,I have some 06 brass if you need a couple.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:30 AM
Bronze Member

PM sent.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:14 AM
Bronze Member

O.K. gents, to make it clear, I am in need of the 6.5-284 once fired brass. I have 3006 once fired brass, also adding 243 once fired brass both unprepped to trade for 6.5-284 once fired brass.
thanks for offerring.
terratracker
Old 02-12-2014, 12:23 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDLER View Post
If you are going to use brass as a headspace gauge,,you want to use a sized one,,all chambers are a little different,,I've done this with my savages,,then mark the case you use and save it,,,I have some 06 brass if you need a couple.
That is great info. I will plan on that. If you are referring to switching barrels, I have not planned beyond getting settled in, with this build.
The thread is closed