Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Trade, Freebie and Loan

375 Ruger or 35 Whelen- Would like to test one

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Silver Member

375 Ruger or 35 Whelen- Would like to test one

Hi, I am thinking about buying a rifle chambered in 375 Ruger and would like to test fire one at a range before going in too deep. It is at the upper end of what I think my body can take, which is why I would like to test one for recoil.

I live not far from the Livermore CA gun range, but am willing to go pretty much anywhere in the San Jose / San Francisco area, or even drive up to Sacramento.

I was thinking perhaps I could buy some ammo for you, lunch, or something, but I am open about it. I am just interesting in firing 5 - 10 rounds max, who knows, 1 might end up being enough.

If you have a 35 Whelen or 358 Winchester, which are other rounds I am thinking about, that would be interesting as well.

I am used to firing a 700 ADL in 270 win with factory loads, but I don't consider myself to be an expert shot or anything, more just an occasional paper puncher.

Thanks

Harry
Old 03-15-2014, 06:01 PM
Silver Member

Re: 375 Ruger or 35 Whelen- Would like to test one

If it makes any difference, I am more interested in testing bullets in the lower end of the weight ranges if possible, not super hot / heavy loads.