Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

time for bigger gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 05:18 PM

time for bigger gun

im currently in the works of getting my 375 cheytac project off the ground hopefully being the first in New Zealand to get amongst the deer popultion with one, and am going to need a ballistics programme for pocket p.c, one feature im looking for is the ability to calculate windage from a given angle, say a 2 oclock wind from a 12 oclock barrel, any suggestions welcome!
Old 05-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Platinum Member

Re: time for bigger gun

I know the Patagonia Ballistics would give you what you want. You can input wind direction and speed in three different angles, speeds and ranges with multiple or single wind zones. I'm running it on a Dell Axim 51 and after learning how too use it and input correct enviromentals it is proving very good. Costomer service has been top notch also.
Ballistics Software from Patagonia Ballistics
Old 05-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Platinum Member

First of all, Welcome to Long Range Hunting.

Here's a link that will give you some reading on free ballistic software as well as the stuff you pay for. Any of the good programs will do what you want it to do. Link--> Weather meters and Ballistics software-Palm or PC

Also, if you post your questions in the General forum you'll get a lot more responses than here. Not everybody reads the members intro forum.

We also have a forum here that might interest you. Link--> Australia, New Zealand - LongRangeHunting.com

Good luck with your 375.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Bronze Member

hello and welcome hope you enjoy

W.D