Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

take a student hunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Bronze Member

take a student hunting

a good friend of mine is a neurosurgeon I used to work with, tried to take his son hunting in Ona, Florida 6 years ago, too much angst so we waited him out, his senior year of high school was read to go with me, day 1 large boar, day 2 decent doe, we have too many and have tags, day 3 2 large hogs which are also destroying our 1800 acre lease.
I think he is definitely gut hooked and also spoiled, 4 critters in 3 days but he did want to learn everything as much as possible, calibers, ballistics, shot placement, cleaning dressing and processing. Stressed being in the woods, camraderie, animals are just gravy. Accepted to Duke early admission-smart guy, and wants to keep hunting up there.
Any thoughts welcome, Mike