Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Savage 110 BA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 03:40 PM

Savage 110 BA

I am very interested in purchasing a .338 Lapua and have found that on paper the Savage 110 BA has all the options I'm looking for and at the right price. Recently I have read several reports that the weapon is suitable out to about 300 yards but beyond that it's hit or miss, and 600m and beyond is almost unheard of accurate shots. Supposedly it has something to do with the rifling twist rate and process. I was hoping that someone has had some experience with this rifle in this caliber, and hoping that it was a positive one.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Savage 110 BA

Stick around, and try posting your question on the main page, under the ''long range shooting''thread, or ''the basics/starting out'' thread. Theres a bunch of guys who like Savage rifles that frequent those two threads. Namely a guys like Liltank, Blipelt, and a bunch of others. They'll steer you right for questions on Savage related stuff.

Glad you found L/R/H. Theres a bunch of polite folks here with TONS of knowledge, and theyre all willing to share.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 05-23-2010, 08:06 AM

Winmag,

This is going to sound stupid, but I have been on the site for 15 minutes and can't figure out how post this on the pages you suggested and can't figure out how to do it. Could you give me some guidance?.?. I'm dying to get some answers from a reliable source because I was set on purchasing this weapon. I really appreciate your initial response and any other help you can provide.

Sincerely,

hjmwyatt21
Old 05-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Platinum Member

Just copy what you have, and then go to the forum you want to post in and use the new thread tab then make a new flashy title and paste what you already wrote. Give it another crack, and welcome!

I think Malinuk (sp?) had one of the early versions for testing, everything I have seen has been positive. I read an article in a mag, I forget which one, but it was really impressive without hand loading for it even. I would get one in second if I could wrestle the funds for it. You can take that monstrous rail system of and put on a regular rail for you scope mounting. There are some earlier threads but I can't find them.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member

hjmwyatt21,

Welcome to LRH and enjoy! Click the link below per winmag's recommendation and post away ...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...newthread&f=26

Good luck!

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:31 AM

Feenix,

Thanks for the info. It's comforting to find a forum of like-minded people who are also considerate enough to take the time to help others. I really appreciate your time and response.

Sincerely,

hjmwyatt21
Old 05-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjmwyatt21 View Post
Feenix,

Thanks for the info. It's comforting to find a forum of like-minded people who are also considerate enough to take the time to help others. I really appreciate your time and response.

Sincerely,

hjmwyatt21
You're quite welcome! As others have already noted, there are lots of good folks here that are more than willing and able to help you in a heart beat.

Cheers!

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.