Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

rifle rests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 08:48 PM

rifle rests

I'm looking to find out if anyone has used a rifle rest called "Hyskor dangerous Game " I saw one and another on a show about the "Boomer Shoot" awhile back and am looking for feed back. I'd like to take all the human factors out of gathering data for a gun. Got a medical condition and all that comes with it and am looking for a way to zero in a new gun and than start shooting later after I have found the sweet spot and then start shooting once I've found the load.
Thanks from the midwest
Old 02-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member

Re: rifle rests

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7magWeb View Post
I'm looking to find out if anyone has used a rifle rest called "Hyskor dangerous Game " I saw one and another on a show about the "Boomer Shoot" awhile back and am looking for feed back. I'd like to take all the human factors out of gathering data for a gun. Got a medical condition and all that comes with it and am looking for a way to zero in a new gun and than start shooting later after I have found the sweet spot and then start shooting once I've found the load.
Thanks from the midwest
Some people like them but I didn't. (To many adjustments)
I though it would be great but I spent to much time messing with it allowing the round in the chamber to warm up causing vertical stringing.

I bought the basic Led sled and found it needing a windage adjustment. I have sense bough the model with windage adjustments (Lead sled DFT)and realy like it.

I also have the Caldwell Rock BR front rest and like it also.

I do not use the sandbags on the lead sled because it is already heaver than most heavy rifles
and the sand bags only make it harder on the rifle stocks and bedding.

I would recomend both of the caldwell rest for the price and funchion.

J E CUSTOM