Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Rem 280

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 11:14 PM

Rem 280

I looking for some info. I'm making a 280 on a newer Remington action. I want to keep it as light as possible (The barrel ,action and stock to 6 lbs or under) I know I can do this. My question is what would be a good twist for the barrel and what bullets would work well with the twist. I don't mind heavier bullets.
Please help I need some info. Thanks!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Rem 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenth0307 View Post
I looking for some info. I'm making a 280 on a newer Remington action. I want to keep it as light as possible (The barrel ,action and stock to 6 lbs or under) I know I can do this. My question is what would be a good twist for the barrel and what bullets would work well with the twist. I don't mind heavier bullets.
Please help I need some info. Thanks!
I would use a # 4 lilja contour with a 1 in 9 twist 24 to 26" long (No break or flutes).

The 140 and 160gr Accubonds are the most popular and perform well at 800 to 1000yrds

This is a very popular round in west texas where shots tend to be long and everyone
who ownes the 280 have nothing but praise for it.

Good choice !!!

J E CUSTOM
Old 02-20-2009, 12:00 AM

Re: Rem 280

Thank you for the info. What kind of stock would you use? What scope would work with this barrel.