Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Quick hi from Cork Ireland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Bronze Member

Quick hi from Cork Ireland

Just to say hello, been reading on hear for quite a while and enjoying it. I'm into vermin shooting in the summer and from sep to end of feb we do a bit of deer stalking apart from rough shooting.
Managed 3 Sika and two fallow stags this season so far with my roedale sako 308, own carbon stock and my mini moderator.

For the foxes a 22-250 Roedale howa with my ultra light carbon stock and a-tec moderator.

Best regards
edi
Old 10-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Quick hi from Cork Ireland

Welcome to Long Range Hunting.

Looks like a good setup you've got there and it sounds like you get to do a lot of either shooting or hunting throughout the year. It's always good to see game, equipment and hunters from other countries.

Thanks for the pics also.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Silver Member

Don't know much about Ireland, is your hunting on done on private, public lands or a lease
Old 10-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Silver Member

Ejg, Cead Mile Failte-to LRH

Good shooting. I wish we could use moderators here in the "land of the (not-so) free," California.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:44 AM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the welcome.
Where I live we have no deer and all shooting is on club lands with the permission of farmers. The club I belong to has a couple hundred square miles and we have about 50 active members. We shoot pheasant, duck, woodcock and snipe in the game season and rabbits,pigeons,crows and foxes outside the season.
For deer we either lease lands off the forestry fellas or lease private lands or just have permission from farmers to shoot there lands.
My deer shooting lands are a bit over an hour away. I prefer to hunt in rougher terrain if possible. We are lucky to have a mild but often wet winter and can therefore be out every weekend.

The moderators will possibly save my hearing as I don't like to plug my ears in the field. I've made several moderators myself. At times we also shoot close to live stock or horses.

regards
edi
Old 10-23-2008, 11:27 AM

Ireland is an amazing country to say the very least. I lived there for 2 years and found the beauty in the people and the land unforgettable. Remembering "flocks" of pheasants running down roads in the country is often remembered this time of year. It wonderful to hear anything good from Ireland.
Top of the mornin to ya!
Old 11-04-2008, 10:33 PM

HI EDI,
Nice pics Edi, i have been living in Australia for 32yrs and am originally from England (Bolton, Lancs). ihave enjoyed longrange hunting for years but not on the scale as some of these guys on the video's. Mostly light vermin rabbits. using .17, .222, 22-250. my pet dear rifle is my Remington 700sps .300 WSM.
I and a mate both built 7mm STW, mine was onthe Ruger No. 1. thats what got me all excited about Extreme precision shooting. I relish in the challenge of building the rifle and working upthe loads to obtain benchrest accuracy with a powerfull centre fire.
my son and i are now setting up a rig based on the Remington MLR in .338 Lapua. i will keep any and all posted on its progress as i start to get sime results. this will include a full description of the rig and the loads.
We in Aussie are not allowed to use moderators, but as you said, its nice to protect your hearing while still being able to hunt.
anyway, gottago, c/ya soon.