Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Pueblo Colorado guy looking for some fun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 02:21 AM
Silver Member

Re: Pueblo Colorado guy looking for some fun

Well Yesterday my father and i went out there and had a good time shooting. There was a trail (i think lewis) on the left hand side of the road (Comming from Canon City) that we parked at and hiked in about 200m. There was a canyon that we were shooting across that was pretty nice. It would be nice to find land even closer, Im thinking about talking to some ranchers on boggs flatts to see if they need prarie dog removal. If your interested sometime we can head up there and you can show me where you shoot and vise versa. Im horrible at guestimating distances and have yet to buy a range finder so i have no idea where my rifle is sighted in for, all i know is it took me a few rounds to hit a green tree sapling wayy out there
Old 08-05-2012, 11:02 PM

I've just moved out to the pueblo area as well. I am a member at Rivers edge outdoors. They are never crowded and you get your own range which is nice. The longest is 200yards. I want to start hunting as I have target shot my whole like, but would like to find a partner to show me the ropes.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Silver Member

Send me a text sometime local area code 369-5117

Rivers Edge is Too expensive IMO. I have since found private land that has unlimited ranges to shoot

-Keith
Old 08-05-2012, 11:30 PM

Where do you shoot? Do you just target shoot or hunt?
Old 08-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Silver Member

Both, mainly small game (WaterFowl) i just got a lab so ill be working on getting her ready for this season.

Which side of town you on? If you are famaliar with Park West That is where i am at.

As far as hunting for waterfowl i go to the res, 11 mile, and a few other spots.

For Small game i have a few spots in the mountains.

Elk hunting there are lots of good spots. Western Slope has More but eastern slope (Us) has bigger ones.

Deer and Antelope are plentiful even in the beulah area.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:39 PM

Im not sure where that is. Just moved to the area. I live in the landings at eagleridge in Pueblo.

I have target shot my whole life (Im 23 now) but was interested in learning the ropes from someone who hunts. It is something that interests me, but never got the opportunity to do it.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Silver Member

well send me a text, most of my hunting is done with a 12 gauge, right now is the off season but starting in september things start coming in season if i remember right.

i have not bought a tag yet for elk, but usually get Bull Statewide Over the Counter (They are unlimited), and if you get a bigger gun it would work great (Or possibly we can set you up with one of mine)...

Big Game season is in October (when i go) so its not too late

I still have not decided where im going yet, but hopefully ill be able to get out and scout.