Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Paul, Wind River mountains, Wyoming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 03:15 PM

Paul, Wind River mountains, Wyoming

I enjoy most shooting sports, and especially "target plinking" - shooting small targets at distance, and hunting Pronhorn Antelope and mule deer.
Due to disability & income, I do not do as much as I would like.
My preferred is a Rem 700, 7 mm Rem Mag, with a 2X,XXX sn. However I will shoot whatever is available.
My sons and I will often have informal contests where I have to be "handicapped" in some manner - the latest was shooting a clay at about 150m with me shooting a .22 Savage Favorite and the boys each using .30-06 hunting rifles with variable power telescopic sights.
Our entire family shoots, although the ladies currently mainly plink.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Paul, Wind River mountains, Wyoming

Welcome to LongRangeHunting. It's great when the whole family shoots.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:48 PM

Re: Paul, Wind River mountains, Wyoming

Thank you very much.
Both my sons are now in the Marines, so we do not get to shoot as much as we would like. However, this last October we had everyone home for a brief time, so the first day that was clear, we loaded up the suburban with a few "toys" and headed for the hills.
There is nothing so fun as to be able to shoot with your wife, daughter-in-law, and sons, all having a blast. And then have one of the boy's close friends popping by, all trying differant rifles and handguns.
My wife shot the least, but she said she just enjoyed watching us all shoot together - bit it target, bouncing the can, or just practicing some "practical" shooting.
I don't know how much ammunition we burned through, just that when we left, everyone was happy, and talking about the differant firearms and what they liked best.
Wishing everyone a enjoyable and safe shooting, God bless from ours to yours