close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Old Shootin' Okie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-17-2012, 09:52 PM

Old Shootin' Okie

Hello to all. I am happy to be a newbie on this LRH web sight. I was doing some research on a 6.5x55 Swede and was eventually lead to this site.

I enjoyed Bob Campbell's article on the Ruger 77 in 6.5 and decided this is where I need to be. Thanks Bob.

I was raised on a ranch in South Central Oklahoma. When I was a kid I harassed the local crows and occasional coyote with a Stevens .22 or a 410 Montgomery Ward shotgun. When I was 14 I saved my hay hauling and pecan pickin' money and finally bought a used Remington 722 in .222. I thought I had discovered the atomis bomb!

I am now 69 years old and don't hate them deers and crows nearly as much as I used to but I still enjoy a frosty morning in a tree stand with bow or rifle.
I also try to make a yearly attack on some serious prairie dog towns out west.

I look forward to the opportunity to learn from the shooters, hunters, fishermen and other general goof offs on LRH. Best regards and thanks, Joe