Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Old Hunter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 01:12 PM

Old Hunter

My name is Jean Naude from South Africa .
I have been involved in hunting since the age of 5.
i was borne on a farm and have been involved in EVERY aspect of farming .
I am touching 74 --- have been married for 47 years --- we have 3 sons --- and all are honest hunters and above average marksmen --- crazy about the outdoors .

Long Range Hunting is new for me . I am absolutely sold out on accuracy and i love guns.

Ihave just bought myself a Savage 10/110 Rifle in .338 Lapua Magnum and am busy sorting her out [ this is a real honest to GOD love affair ,

It is wonderfull to be amongst my own kind again and if you guys dont mind i am going to need all the help i can get !!
Old 01-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Gold Member

Re: Old Hunter

Welcome. You will fit in well here.
We might even need to get Len to set up an "EXTREME Age Group"..... for us who have robbed death over 40 times and are over 70.

Come on ROY...hurry up.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:27 PM

Re: Old Hunter

Hi all you crazy GUN NUTS !!
70 ! Man at that age you slip into Turbo Overdrive and you crash the sound barrier
to pieces !!
The brain is a very powerfull Powder - mix . It pushes your body so fast you do not have time to be old . Age is 95% in the mind.

I have a 7x61 S & H in a make - over shop for restocking and rebarreling .
when i get it back in about 2 months time its gonna be a real Sweetypie and as deadly as a King Cobra . She has , amongst other game , 4 Buffalo and 2 Lions on her list .

It was real good to connect with you guys.
Old Hunter.