Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Not-exactly-new member from CO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 09:47 PM

Not-exactly-new member from CO

Hello, been a member for a couple of months, but like so many others I've mainly snooped around. I have been very active on other forums, but have been spending more time here lately. A little change in perspective, I guess. People like different things and techniques on different forums, so its nice to get a more thorough picture.

I am new-ish to long range shooting. I'm not yet confident enough for long distance hunting shots yet, but I know I'll get there (part of that is lack of a proper rifle though). Longest shot was 340 "range walk" paces (and I'm 6'2") on an antelope so I figure 330-340 yards. Having said that, this is also my only kill with a rifle. I have lived on the east coast most of my life until this year.. and I love it out west! The shooting and hunting opportunities are unbelievable.

Thanks for the great forum! Hopefully I'll be able to add to it.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Not-exactly-new member from CO

Welcome to LongRangeHunting.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Gold Member

Re: Not-exactly-new member from CO

Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable. WELCOME - Like you I came over quite a while back from other forums. Unlike some of the other forums I don't ever see the snide comments and any question is treated with respect here. There are rules here but that's just part of life in today's age. Glad you saw the light and moved west - did the same thing 30+ years ago - I always said the only thing good that came out living back east was my second son and the interstate heading west.