Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Newbie to the site form West by God Virginia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 11:12 AM

Newbie to the site form West by God Virginia

Hello All. A little bout myself...I Love my God, my Family, and my Guns. I am a Marine Corps vet. I have always been fascinated with long range shooting and currently "building" my first long range rifle (Browning A Bolt composite stalker in 300 win mag)...on a tight budget, mind you. I am also just getting started in reloading for 300 wm, and 243. Any tips?

Thanks,
DCrouse
Old 09-04-2013, 07:52 AM

Re: Newbie to the site form West by God Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCrouse View Post
Hello All. A little bout myself...I Love my God, my Family, and my Guns. I am a Marine Corps vet. I have always been fascinated with long range shooting and currently "building" my first long range rifle (Browning A Bolt composite stalker in 300 win mag)...on a tight budget, mind you. I am also just getting started in reloading for 300 wm, and 243. Any tips?

Thanks,
DCrouse
Old 09-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Bronze Member

What part of WV?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltercrouse View Post
Hello Newbie,
I was born in West by God Virgina. Beckley,W. Va and now live in California where there is too many people and not enough hunting. I reload 243 win , my powder is RL-19 with WLR primers and nosler/comb 95 gr BT, also barnes TSX. The barnes are required in some parts of California,condor areas. I was in the US Navy and end up living here. I repair US Navy ships and their equipment.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:24 AM

New member in northern Oklaoma

At 70 I am not a new guy that learned to shoot with a a 22 shorts only Remington 241 built on Browning's patent still being built today. I grew up in the southwestern part of Oklahoma in a target rich environment of jack rabbits in the 50's. One morning I ran over 10 in 9 miles with the right font tire on the road. We lost the control effort. Shooting 15 or 20 a day was a usual day.

The coyotes took care of the jack rabbits and got me into long range shooting with Remington 788 in Remington 6 mm. I was fine out 450 to 500 yards and that's where I ran out with out of skill in both shooting an loading.

I should have look at the old 788 and see if the bores any good after all these years. I put up everything else right. I just haven't got to it yet because the stock is cracked.

Gordon
Old 09-12-2013, 12:35 AM

New member in northern Oklaoma

At 70 I am not a new guy that learned to shoot with a a 22 shorts only Remington 241 built on Browning's patent still being built today. I grew up in the southwestern part of Oklahoma in a target rich environment of jack rabbits in the 50's. One morning I ran over 10 in 9 miles with the right font tire on the road. We lost the control effort. Shooting 15 or 20 a day was a usual day.

The coyotes took care of the jack rabbits and got me into long range shooting with Remington 788 in Remington 6 mm. I was fine out 450 to 500 yards and that's where I ran out with out of skill in both shooting an loading.

I should have look at the old 788 and see if the bores any good after all these years. I put up everything else right. I just haven't got to it yet because the stock is cracked.

Gordon
Old 09-13-2013, 11:26 AM

Skidro, I am from Lincoln county