Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

NEWBIE on the forum but not in the field

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Bronze Member

NEWBIE on the forum but not in the field

Just turned 66 but still in good shape and still love to hunt. Unfortunately I no longer love to kill. Would still like to take a giant muley but that's about it. Maybe get into hog hunting - they are really getting to be a problem here in Texas. Could sure eat some squirrel, also, which would be the only way I could justify harvesting them. I own rifles .223 rem, .270, 30.06, 7 mm rem mag, and 8 X 57 JS, which was handed down from my Dad. Would like to find out more about it - the markings don't tell me anything. The only lettering has: CESKOSLOVENSKAZBROJOVKA, A S, BRNO. I understand the calibre is very popular in Europe and I am trying to assess if there are enough high BC bullets for it to consider as my main gun, and selling everything else. Want a 10 gauge shotgun of some kind - saw a cool double on internet, but I don't trust doing business that way. Any ideas on either topic?
Old 02-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Platinum Member

Re: NEWBIE on the forum but not in the field

Welcome aboard!!!

I understand the not killing thing. I've just turned 69 and after removal of some worn out parts am in pretty good shape. . . for the shape I'm in

Come on up to Ideehoe and well shuffle up a couple a mountains.

I too am satisfied with making a long shot at what ever happens to be there. Mostly rocks... However, I see wolf, elk and a great buck in my future.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:16 AM
Bronze Member

Re: NEWBIE on the forum but not in the field

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
Welcome aboard!!!

I understand the not killing thing. I've just turned 69 and after removal of some worn out parts am in pretty good shape. . . for the shape I'm in

Come on up to Ideehoe and well shuffle up a couple a mountains.

I too am satisfied with making a long shot at what ever happens to be there. Mostly rocks... However, I see wolf, elk and a great buck in my future.

I would definitely be an elk hunter if I lived up there - not for sport but for the table - wonderful fare. I go to Vegas all the time - why don't you drive on down and we'll discuss it! How's that for an Idee, Roy? By the way, I would like to come on up there.........permanently. Ever do any gold prospecting or metal detecting?