Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

New to the sport

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2008, 02:14 PM

New to the sport

Hi everybody.

My name is Jon and I'm trying to start practicing long range target shooting and later long range hunting.

I haven't gotten a large caliber rifle yet and need some help picking one. I live in Iceland, and the gun laws and price of guns/scopes/bullets etc. over here are horrible for gun enthusiasts.

I was wondering if I should ask for advice here or make a new thread in the beginners section?
Old 01-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Silver Member

What are the specific restrictions? What game do you plan on shooting and at what range (you may not need a "large" caliber rifle)? There are many excellent calibers with all sorts of applications. I assume you're interested in something in 338 caliber but if there are specifec restrictions on this, there are many options. Welcome, I'm also fairly new here.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:00 PM
PUBLISHER

Welcome, Nunni, and yes please post your question in the Begginers section where more helpers will see it.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 01-27-2008, 04:15 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

To landcbeitner: Maybe I should have chosen my words better. I was thinking something along the lines of a .308, which is a large caliber to me but maybe not some of you. I do believe owning a .338 requires a special license around here. When and if my shooting gets good enough to start hunting at long ranges I plan on shooting seals, reindeer & looking into whether shooting geese at long range is a good idea.

I'm going to make a thread in the beginners section about what I should pick, so if you have some advice it would be appreciated if you would reply to my thread there.