Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

New to site from Mississippi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 12:20 AM
Silver Member

Jim,

That sounds good. I have a 500 yard range right out my back door. I also have a place where I can shoot to 1100 yards.

My main long range gun a 7mm RM (pic below) is currently out of commission, I have a 300 RUM being built now and I am collecting parts for my next build.

Rem 700 LA
30" Hart barrel
Brown Precision Thumbhole stock
NF 5.5-22X56
MWG rings and bases
I shoot the 168gr Berger @ 3035

Old 03-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Platinum Member

I am in the Mccomb are and would be interested with shooting with yall. I have 800 yards out my back door but dont mind traveling to shoot. Set a time and place I am there.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Silver Member

Eddybo,

I started to mention your shooting range, but I felt pretty sure you might chime in and offer. I do need to get up your way sometime to check it out, plus do some shooting.

My gun options are limited now, but I do have a sweet shooting 6mm AI that needs to get out for a little fun. Just let me know when you plan to shoot. Jim might just make a road trip from Starkville.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Bronze Member

Eddybo,

If it's a weekend that I can make it , I'm in for sure. Might even bring a buddy with me if he will act right. It must be nice to have a 500 or a 800 yd range out your door. All I can say is thanks for the invite. I will have to take you up on it. Thanks Jim
Old 03-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Bronze Member

Hey fellas - sorry to res a possibly dead thread - but just wanted to jump in here and say I live in Starkville, MS as well ;) I grew up outside Memphis, so I know that area well too.

Jim P., you a member out at the Starkville gun club? I may have seen you out there and never knew. I sure would love to find a place to start doing some true long range shooting around here. Anyways, just wanted to holler at you MS guys

Starkville, MS
Old 03-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Bronze Member

I wish I had known you guys were in starkvegas when I lived there. I'm outside of memphis now in AR. I make to the MS delta often. Maybe we should all get together sometime and shoot. In the fall through the spring we can shoot as far as you want to at my place. More than a mile would be easy, but I don't know that I'd want to emberass myself like that.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABR13L View Post
Hey fellas - sorry to res a possibly dead thread - but just wanted to jump in here and say I live in Starkville, MS as well ;) I grew up outside Memphis, so I know that area well too.

Jim P., you a member out at the Starkville gun club? I may have seen you out there and never knew. I sure would love to find a place to start doing some true long range shooting around here. Anyways, just wanted to holler at you MS guys
Gabe..... I don't belong to the Starkville Gun Club! I joined it one time sight unseen and was disappointed with the rifle range at the time.:( It might have changed by now but then it was a 100 and 150yds, so I let my membership run out. Have been shooting at a friends house. He has a spot to shoot out to 600yds. At the deer camp we can shoot up to a mile but that is a little far for me, 1000yds is all I have tried so for. Give me some way to contact you and we will have coffee and maybe do some shooting........... Jim