Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

New shooter from Oregon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2011, 10:48 AM

New shooter from Oregon

Hi -

I am male, 57 years old and have had casual, consensual relationships with firearms most of my life.

As a kid out in the country, I used to roam with a pack of armed teenagers launching inordinate amounts of ordinance at nutria, squirrels, possums, etc. Today this would provoke a drone attack.

I have hunting sporadically, shot a bit in the Army, trained at work, (corrections) ,dinked around here and there. I have just picked up a new Howa 30.06 and put a mildot nikon monarch scope on it. Nice shooter. Better shooter than I am. I am looking to improve my marksmanship, getting confident to shoot out there 500 - 600 yards at elk.

Wanting to learn how to reload so that I can afford to shoot more. Anyone out there live in the Canby area care to show a guy the ropes?
Earl - earlbz@gmail.com
Old 09-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Platinum Member

Re: New shooter from Oregon

Glad to have you on board. I have been reloading for over 40 years and saving money is not the big thing it will cost you a lot to get set up and going and powder and supplies are not cheap. I do it because I like to tweak the loads for accuracy and knowing i built the load. There is a lot of information on this site and buy several reloading manuals and read and learn as much as you can. You will never learn it all as changes happen all the time. But I hope you will enjoy reloading as much as I do.