Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

New from Norway

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 06:55 AM

New from Norway

Found this forum while searching for gun related topics on the internet. Really enjoy what I've read so far. I shoot both long guns and handguns, and have been reloading since 1993. I also indulge in more or less successful diy gunsmithing. I try not to ruin the expensive parts of my guns, but have some success in replacing stocks and honing triggers. 1st bedding project is still pending though, and has been for several years now, and I'm beginning to doubt if the epoxy in my acraglas kit is still usable. Still, I might swap for devcon 10110 anyway, since I saw it used in another video. If you've read this far, thanks for bothering! Hope to read a lot on this forum, and I'll try to keep my other post moew interesting.

Øivind, Norway

NB!If the 1st letter of my name comes out odd, it's because it's a scandinavian letter, should be an "O" with a "diagonal" stripe from lower left to upper right, even protruding in each end.

Last edited by oih; 01-12-2012 at 06:56 AM. Reason: changed a sentence, english is not my 1st language...
Old 01-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Platinum Member

Re: New from Norway

Welcome aboard!

You'll fit right in.

If I were you I'd get right on that bedding job. The anxiety of initially separating the action from the stock is worth it. Don't forget the release agent.

I like your words, "I try not to ruin" I bet that if we put our "ruined" parts together a complete rifle could be built. Let's see. . . I have several stocks, an action, a barrel, several triggers, and a scope for a start.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:05 AM

Thanks for the kind welcome!
- Øivind
Old 01-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Silver Member

Hi.

Just wondering what kind of animals you hunt over there.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:48 AM

Rådyr (Roe deer,small, typically 30-50Ibs, fantastic meat!)
Elg (Basicly same a moose, only smaller, normal bull weighing in at 700Ibs).
Hjort (Elk)
Rein (Raindeer)
Hare
Rype (Grouse)
And (Duck)
Gås (Goose)
Tiur (Capercaillie)
Orre (Black Grouse)
Due (Pigeon)
Kråke (Crow)
Villsvin (Warthog)
Rev (Fox)
Gaupe (Bobcat)
Sel (Seal)
All I can remember from the top of my head.

Quiet a few options, really, but as I don't own land, I need to pay for hunting, and hunting the larger species is expensive. Some of the more sought after birdhunts are also expensive (Kinda posh here to hunt grouse for instance, so the price increases with the demand.). Hunting birds from the shore is basicly free (Anyone whose payed the annual government fee can hunt ducks and geese from the shore, as long as they stand in the area that is flooded when the tide is high.), you can often hunt pigeons at farmers for free as they consider them pests. You don't break even when hunting in Norway, but I enjoy it.

Øivind
Old 01-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Platinum Member

Villsvin (Warthog)?? I thought it was cold and snowy in Norway? How do they survive?

( I'm wondering how a wild pig would survive in my area of Idaho.)
Old 01-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho
Villsvin (Warthog)?? I thought it was cold and snowy in Norway? How do they survive?

( I'm wondering how a wild pig would survive in my area of Idaho.)
It only takes a few days for a farm pig to start growing hair, the colder the more hair!