Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

New from NM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 03:20 PM

New from NM

Though a long time hunter I am new to this forum. I grew up in Michigan and when I was old enough to buy a rifle I chose a Remington 742 carbine in 30-06 with no scope because I hunted deer mostly in swampy and thickly wooded areas because many deer moved there as soon as the gunfire started on opening day. The USAF gave me several assignments in Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Washington, and New Mexico where I quickly mounted scopes on my rifles as I found lots of opportunities for longer range shots. My job after retirement from the USAF has not given me much time for hunting but I'm getting closer to a final retirement and more hunting time so I look forward to the information I expect to find here.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Silver Member

Re: New from NM

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service from another prior USAF 462! I am in ABQ if you ever want to go out and shoot.

Larry