Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

New member from North Dakota

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 09:28 PM

New member from North Dakota

Hi All,

I just found this site while searching for a CS24B Foxpro caller. There was an old post on here the one of the members had one for sale. I do have an interest in long range shooting but not much experience doing it. I attended a long range shoot once with my 45-70 pedersoli sharps and was shooting out to 909 yards. I actually hit the life sized buffalo 4 out of 6 times. Now I like to hunt prairie dogs at the longer ranges, 400 to 600 yards. After that I have a hard time seeing them. I am presently shooting a Savage 22-250 with the accutrigger, Leopold 4.5 X 14 X 40 VXIII scope and a Boyds featherlight thumbhole stock. Shooting 60 grain soft point or the Vmax for hunting.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Silver Member

Re: New member from North Dakota

Welcome!!! You will find the information on this site overwhelming at times, however always helpful. Do you do any big game hunting?
Old 12-30-2013, 11:24 PM

I hunt deer with rifle and muzzle loader when I get drawn for a tag. Have had good success with rifle but not so good with muzzle loader.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:08 AM
Silver Member

Excellent! What unit do you hunt for deer? Is your main rifle your 22-250?

I hunt units 3f1 and 4f. Have never been turned down for a tag but only get a buck every third year. I've been turned down for smoke pole for the last 5 years. This year HAS to be my year!!