Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

New member in NC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 01:06 AM

New member in NC

A friend's brother has been hunting out west for years. He recently started shooting long distance. He purchased a Huskemaw 5-20 for his tweeked 7MM Rem mag. So far he's hitting on the money at 700 yards consistently. In talking to him, and heard and read this before, that even if you never take a shot at game at these distances, the fact that you're practicing, when you have a 300 yard shot, it's a chip shot. I have a 7MM WSM I purchased years back that I have not really used. Well I am about to start the journey. "Cookie" has tweeked my interest for sure!!!
Old 01-21-2014, 11:47 PM
Bronze Member

Re: New member in NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfisher2 View Post
A friend's brother has been hunting out west for years. He recently started shooting long distance. He purchased a Huskemaw 5-20 for his tweeked 7MM Rem mag. So far he's hitting on the money at 700 yards consistently. In talking to him, and heard and read this before, that even if you never take a shot at game at these distances, the fact that you're practicing, when you have a 300 yard shot, it's a chip shot. I have a 7MM WSM I purchased years back that I have not really used. Well I am about to start the journey. "Cookie" has tweeked my interest for sure!!!

If you still need assistance, I will be glad to help.
Randy
804-690-6868 I live in Hatteras