Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 12:46 AM

I'a new member and I' trying to learn how to get around everything. A learning curve. I'm from Washington State. Kennewick is a town in eastern Washington. I hunt and shoot alot. It is a wonderful site . I have picked up a lot of infomation reading posts. Thank You Heavy wall
Old 01-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Platinum Member

Re: New Member

Welcome to LongRangeHunting.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:59 PM

Dick
Thank You for the message. I love this sport already. I haven't done any longrange shooting since the service. And I have gotten into it in the last two years. I' having a seven built right now and I put a thompson together that shoots fair. But it is alot of practice and fun.
Do you shoot in the moutains or comp shoots? That is a beautiful rifle by the way!
The most fun is loading for long range because the results show. Heavy wall
Old 01-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member

I mainly shoot in the hills, that way I have the spot all to myself. I quit any type of competitive shooting long ago. It took the fun out of it for me. Thanks for the compliment on the rifle, Kirby builds the finest long range guns there are.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:41 PM

Dick
Do You shoot up white Pass
or in the foot hills? Where is Kirby located? I am having a smith build a 7mm in Oregon right now.Everybody that I know say"s he does good work. It will be done in March. So time will tell! I have theThompson Encore to shoot right now.I had a custum barrel built for it and it shoots pretty well. I also picked up a 6.5 BRM from EA Brown and that is a good shooter. No recoil and it shoots better than I. I shot both Veterans day at five hundered yards on Rattle Snake mountain. We Elk hunted in the morning and shot all afternoon. And we were all by ourselves that is nice. We had a five to fifteen mile wind so it was fun.
Wasn't upset with the way either gun shot. I quit shooting comp also got to be to much like work. Well I best get going as I"m cleaning the shop. I build hand forged skinning knifes and it is so bad I had to clean. Tools everywhere. Take care Heavy wall
Old 01-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Platinum Member

Sometimes I go out between Selah and Ellensburg but I usually go somewhere up Chinook Pass to shoot.

Kirby is located in Fort Shaw, Montana which is a few miles west of Great Falls. Drove over there one time and had a ball but usually send the guns via UPS.

Good luck with your knives, they sound very interesting.