Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

new to LRH from western ND

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Platinum Member

Re: new to LRH from western ND

I have this kit Redding Big Boss Single Stage Press Pro-Pak Kit. But it is far from complete, you still need a case tray, sizing and seating dies, shellholders, a larger powder funnel for the Lapua sized cases, a tumbler isnt neccasary but i like my rounds to be clean and shiny, a trimmer, a powder measure, some neck lube, calipers, and these arent neccasary either but they sure do help consistancy Hornady Lock-N-Load Overall Length Gage Bolt Action, Hornady Lock-N-Load Bullet Comparator Basic Set 6serts, and the modified cases for each specific caliber to measure your distance to the lands.

Whats your last name? I might recognize it.

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 10-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndthwacker View Post
my goals as far as long range is both paper and hunting, probley no comp. my backyard is my range and i can get out to 2000 yrds. my longest hits on paper are 800 yds with my 300 win mag with a zeiss rapid z 800 on it. my main deer rifle and farthest deer kill has been my remington 700 25-06 with a vx3 3-12 leupold. and that was 507yds. my main play gun is my tika 22-250 with a heavy barrel, on that i have a leupold 3- 20 witht he varmit reticle, i love that gun, i have shot a coyote at 480 with that also and a fox at 459. so as far as goals its a mix of paper in the back yard and hunting. i dont plan on going over 1000 yrds for hunting. but i would love to be able to take my 338 lapua and know enough about my gun to be able to with confidence shoot a animal at a grand or more if need be. I see myself only going out to 800 for hutning, and 1800 on paper. Now i dont think i can just get a big bad rifle put nf scope on it and pick it up and do that so thats not what im doing here. I want to learn all i can about it. I want to be the best i can at what i do and i know it does take practice and more practice. but that works out for me cuz i love pulling the trigger on any gun. There has yet to be a gun i shot and did not smile after i was done. As far as ever selling guns to get custom ones i dont think i can do that, it would be very hard for me to let any one of my guns go. I think i will have to bite the bullet and just shell out some cash for another when the times comes. I forgot to add that along with guns i am obsessed with bow hunting, i live to stock muleys and also anjoy a night or 2 in a treestand.
man you are lucky you can shoot to 2000 yards in your backyard, we have trouble finding some spots to shoot over 800 yards!

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 10-20-2012, 06:44 PM

Last name is Fridley.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Platinum Member

800...2000....trying living here in the east. Hard to find beyond 200.