Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

New Long Range Shooter From Australia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 06:51 AM
Silver Member

New Long Range Shooter From Australia

Hi all,

My first post on the forum.

I'm from the Northern Territory in Australia, I've been reading info from the site for a little while now - a few months.

I've always wanted to own a 'long distance' rifle and so here it is:

Savage Tactical 10FP .308
Lynx 3.5 to 10 X 44 (NATO Reticle)
Vaais Brake
Warne 20MOA rail and rings
HS Precision Stock option

I just love it, now working up some hand loads very nicely thanks.

The articles and details here helped me make a decision on what to build, so thanks all. I've got a great rifle for many years to come!

So far, I can engage out to 500mtrs with ease (actually it can almost be called: monotonous regularity). So, after shooting in a competition with my brothers custom 6.5X47 Lapau at 600 yards, I'm HOOKED!

I'm going to try 900 in the near future.

Seeya.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to Long Range Hunting.;)

Great looking gun you've got there. Sounds like it's a shooter. When you stretch it out a little longer let us know how you do.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for the Welcome

Hi there ss7mm,

Thanks for the welcome. Looks like you are in a nice part of the world (checked out that neat feature: map pins) I imagine there is some great shooting there for sure.

Yes, I'm stoked with the Savage, as I built it up from a very modest budget and I believe it rivals some of the so called 'Tactical' expensive rifles we have here at our local rifle club - especially price factored in:p.

I was most impressed when a new shooter was along side of me at the range with a multi-thousand Accuracy International rig and couldn't stop ogling the Savage, and after having a shot with it the grin on his face was priceless (oh yeah the muzzle brake is amazing at reducing felt recoil)
I guess it just looks the goods - I'm so happy.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss7mm View Post
Welcome to Long Range Hunting.;)

Great looking gun you've got there. Sounds like it's a shooter. When you stretch it out a little longer let us know how you do.