Hi Everyone! My name is Kalle Hyrkas (pronounced: Cully Hercus). I am new to long range shooting/hunting. But not new to hunting. I have been a bowhunter for 30 years and have taken my share of game with the bow (30 animals including deer, elk, bear and 1 coyote). My wife (Tina) and I went on a self-guided caribou hunt in Alaska last month. Could not close the gap for an archery shot... Tundra too open. So I took a nice Bou with a .223 (301 yards). I now have a new love for long range shooting.
I am going to order a custom rifle
from Len. Can someone please help me with the following specs and what they mean?
· Brux Barrels - hand lapped 26 inch stainless match grade barrel, with #5 contour and 9 twist
· Phoenix Machine custom stainless long action with fluted, oversize bolt handle
· Throated for 210 grain Berger VLD bullets
· Pinned recoil lug
· Pillar bedded, free floated
· Side bolt stop, release
· Front and rear studs with 1 inch Pachmayr Decelerator pad
· 20 MOA Picatinny scope mounting rail