Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

New guy from Oregon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 10:57 PM

New guy from Oregon

Learned about this site from Joel Russo today. He is making me a stock and suggested checking LRH out. Can't wait to start going through the threads and learning more about the art of long range hunting. I live in Heppner, OR at the base of the Blue Mountains which has good mule deer and elk hunting along with a seemingly endless coyote population.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Bronze Member

Re: New guy from Oregon

Welcome aboard…
Old 10-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Bronze Member

Welcome Sir, heppner eh. My dad just lives up the road in Lexington.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Bronze Member

Welcome I have a ton of family in the Hepner area, my dad went to school there. I live in the Tri-Cities. This a a great site lots of info. Corey
Old 10-21-2010, 06:17 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLDavid View Post
Learned about this site from Joel Russo today. He is making me a stock and suggested checking LRH out. Can't wait to start going through the threads and learning more about the art of long range hunting. I live in Heppner, OR at the base of the Blue Mountains which has good mule deer and elk hunting along with a seemingly endless coyote population.
Glad to see you found it... welcome..
Great place to hang out and learn more about our sport. More knowledge and respect for others on here than most other forums...
There's a bunch of members on here from your neck of the woods.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Platinum Member

Glad you found L/R/H.
I currently live in Redmond, and while I like central Oregon, Halfway, or just about anywhere else in Baker County is where I call "home".
You certainly found a good place to hang out. Ive learned more in a short time here, than I ever thought possible. Theres a ton of knowledge here, and alot of polite folks. Hope you like L/R/H as much as we do.

So what is Joel carving on for you? Got a certain project goin we need to know about? He does some amazing work, so whatever it is Im sure youll be impressed, and quite happy with the end result.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 10-22-2010, 11:18 AM

WinMag,
Joel is making an A5 for a long action Howa with a 1.250" straight barrel. He had a piece of vivid orange and black so this will be my OSU rifle. GO BEAVS!! The rifle will be a 7mm Magnum used primarily for long range deer and elk but when it is slow, coyotes beware. I am following the flock and delving into the Berger bullet craze. Hopefully I can find a combo that works.
I am origionally from Jordan Valley so I know why you love that Baker County country. It has about eveything a hunter could wish for. I lived in Madras for a couple of years but just didn't like the area as much.
I am on 6mmBR a lot and like this site, there is a ton of great info out there and guys that are willing to share with other like minded people. Thanks to all for the kind welcome.