Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.


Reply

New Guy in Nevada

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Carson Valley, Nevada
Posts: 5
New Guy in Nevada

I joined the forum here about a week ago when I stumbled on it looking for info on my tags this year.
I have been a hunter all of my life, growing up on a small farm in Central Utah, and back then hunted mostly deer and pheasant.
Now I'm in the Carson Valley in Western Nevada, but drew rifle tags for deer (22E) and cow elk (23L) in the Ely area this year.
I have a sporterized Model 98 pre-WWII 8mm Mauser with a 4x fixed Japanese Tasco scope, that will be my back-up gun, and a new Marlin XL7 in .30-06 with a Bushnell Elite 4200 4-9x40 that will be my primary gun. Just got it bore-sighted and plan to go dial it in tomorrow!
If anyone has any info on either of these areas, please let me know.
Look forward to meeting you here in the forum.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Yakima, Washington
Posts: 3,833
Re: New Guy in Nevada

Welcome to Long Range Hunting and good luck on your upcoming hunts.
__________________
ss7mm
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dayton, Nevada
Posts: 1,794
Re: New Guy in Nevada

Drew Ely nevada bull elk tag 111-115,221 and222

I'd head down to Ward Mountain or Mt. Grafton for your deer tag.

I don't know the 231 area very well.

Also, welcome to Nevada. I'm over in Dayton, but my folks, grandparents, and great grand parents grew up in Carson Valley.

I've got a bunch of Savage barrels that will fit on that XL7 if you ever want to swap.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-12-2009, 03:36 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,782
Re: New Guy in Nevada

Welcome, MDEnce, not only to Nevada but also to Long Range Hunting.

I live in Carson City and to my best knowledge I'm the only one that likes

geargrinder.
__________________
-----------------------------

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Carson Valley, Nevada
Posts: 5
Re: New Guy in Nevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss7mm View Post
Welcome to Long Range Hunting and good luck on your upcoming hunts.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
Drew Ely nevada bull elk tag 111-115,221 and222

I'd head down to Ward Mountain or Mt. Grafton for your deer tag.

I don't know the 231 area very well.

Also, welcome to Nevada. I'm over in Dayton, but my folks, grandparents, and great grand parents grew up in Carson Valley.

I've got a bunch of Savage barrels that will fit on that XL7 if you ever want to swap.
Yeah, I'll be checking out Mt. Grafton. Got some leads in 231 too.
Not sure I want to swap barrels (yet) but if I do I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglet View Post
Welcome, MDEnce, not only to Nevada but also to Long Range Hunting.

I live in Carson City and to my best knowledge I'm the only one that likes

geargrinder.
Thanks for the welcome to Nevada, but actually I've been in Nevada all my adult life (except for the 4 years I was in CA for school), so I've been here for 19 years. I've been in the Carson Valley for the last 9 years (Vegas before then).

BTW, I like geargrinder too (so far).
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,782
Re: New Guy in Nevada

That's good!

He really is a good, honest, good willing, likable family man. Just about anyone
that gets to know him would like him, I just love messing with him. He is the
closest thing I have to a buddy. He is a Civil Engineer, PE, for NDOT and he is
the same likable guy I met when He was not a Civil Engineer, PE.

Enough!

Great Hunting and keep us posted!
__________________
-----------------------------

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dayton, Nevada
Posts: 1,794
Re: New Guy in Nevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglet View Post
That's good!

He really is a good, honest, good willing, likable family man. Just about anyone
that gets to know him would like him, I just love messing with him. He is the
closest thing I have to a buddy. He is a Civil Engineer, PE, for NDOT and he is
the same likable guy I met when He was not a Civil Engineer, PE.

Enough!

Great Hunting and keep us posted!
Being nice to me isn't going to get your rifle finished any sooner.

BTW MDence, I'll be hunting just north of you in 111-113 during the early hunts.

If I may ask? Is your last name Ence? I knew some folks with the last name Ence when I lived in Las Vegas. Bonnie and Duane.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: New Guy in Nevada
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nevada Bull Tag bkconner Elk Hunting 14 11-27-2011 08:09 PM
New from Nevada egypt Member Introductions 1 02-28-2011 09:56 PM
Hunting In Ely, Nevada hunter33 Deer Hunting 1 05-28-2010 04:46 PM
Nevada 051 muleyman Deer Hunting 2 08-22-2009 01:21 AM
Hello from Nevada Razer Member Introductions 4 07-27-2009 09:47 AM

Current Poll
Do you archery hunt for elk?
YES - 29.34%
49 Votes
NO - 55.69%
93 Votes
Not yet, but I plan to. - 14.97%
25 Votes
Total Votes: 167
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC