Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

looking for reloading help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 08:51 AM

looking for reloading help.

I'm from Mentor, Ohio. I enjoy long distance shooting with my .204 NEF rifle. It is a very good shooter. I use factory ammo at this time. I just received reloading dies for it. Anyone out there got any good formulas for this caliber? Would appreciate any help that can be given.
Thanks ahead of time.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Platinum Member

Re: looking for reloading help.

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. I don't own or reload for that round but I'm sure others will comment with some info or you can possibly do a search here. Enjoy.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:12 AM

Great place to hunt, enjoy your good fortune. I am a long time reloader and suspect that I and others like me could be of help with some of the trickier aspects of reloading. With regard to load data, there is a ton of that stuff available on the web. Use it at your own risk. A good bit of it is valuable personal use information. Some of it is dangerous crap!

I would suggest getting a reload manual from one of the major gunpowder mfg.s.

Find out the top two or three powders that other folks using in rifles like yours. Then get started doing some load development. Narrow it down to the powder your rifle likes best and then start learning how far out to seat your bullets and the most accurate amount of that particular type of powder.

There are dozens of other aspects of reloading that affect accuracy. Many of these are discussed at length on the web. Read and learn!

Good luck!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:24 AM

Guys, Thanks for your info. I look forward to doing my own reloading and becoming an excellant long range shooter.