Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Kentucky " a dark and bloody ground"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 02:35 AM

Kentucky " a dark and bloody ground"

Just found what seems like an unlimited number of fellow LRH enthusiasts.

I have been interested in long range hunting for several years. Always searching for someone with first hand experience that could be a mentor, no luck at all, most local hunters believe that four or six inch groups at 100 yards is very acceptable and really donít think shooting much past that distance is worth considering. They just don't understand.

Big Game rifle: H&S Pro-Series 2000 .338 Lapua w/ Leupold LPS 4.5Ė14 x 56

Varmint/Predator Rifle: Remington 700 BDL 25-06 w/ Leupold 6.5-20 x 50

Bernie
Old 12-28-2008, 03:47 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Kentucky " a dark and bloody ground"

Welcome to the site.

AJ

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives
Old 12-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Kentucky " a dark and bloody ground"

Hiya Kaintuckee and Welcome to LRH. I to live in Kentucky. I know the type of people you are referring to all to well. Listening to some of these people, many years ago when I bought my first high powered rifle (Ruger 25-06) topped with a Redfield scope. I set my scope as directed and called it good. Gut shot the first deer I ever shot, took a second round to relieve it of it's pain. To this day, every time I shoot my rifle, I think of that deer bawling, and that makes me strive to be the best on the range.